View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
These accounts differ significantly. In a pattern similar to folklore, fuzzy recollection gives way to embellishments and new memories emerge from the embellishments.

We can be certain of only a few things. They were in Wellington. They were playing "Rhiannon." Lindsey put his jacket over his head and began doing a crass parody of Stevie's witch dance. He was playing the wrong notes and elsewhere in the set he had already been playing and singing out of tune. All of that is enough to warrant a slap from Christine. (It appears that probably happened.) The rest is uncertain.

In his book, Mick was careful not to say outright that Lindsey kicked her. He may have. Whatever the case, the crowd appeared to think this was all part of the act and, by his reports, loved it. I am highly suspect of the fan's recollection. I'm also highly suspect of Stevie's saying he kicked her and threw his guitar at her.
The outright kicking could have been embellished- though I can envisage him being a goon and maybe tapping at her feet or legs or something. It doesn't sound as if the crowd did think it was part of the act and love it (as per the account written by the journalist Grant Harding). Sounds like they were rather pi**ed off with it all.