View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you haven't been on social media much, have you? you know when there was a huge buzz about FM show back in 2013-2015? when Harry was there. did you see Musicares the chain vids and gifs going around? the rest of the FM was cut out, you could only see LB because he was next to Harry. Harry was (i think still is?) huge among kids. but they've been complaining lately that his social media became completely crap and he's not tweeting or responding anymore because Azoff has got him on the leash and doesn't allow fan social media interactions.

i'm not saying that you are wrong about IA sway and influence in RS or otherwise - i'm sure it is huge. just adding some perspective on HS.
Lol I'm well aware that Harry Styles is popular amongst young people online. I myself am a young person so I see it. He's cute and was in a big boy band and I myself like his stuff but he's literally the ultimate example of how popularity doesn't always translate to big sales. None of his singles since save the debut went higher than 40. I think one of them didn't even make the top 100 at all. Compare that to other acts in their 20s, like Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, who get more flack online-- their stuff just flies off the shelves, they've never even heard of an album selling anything less than 3 million copies. You hear those songs on the radio constantly, constantly. I'm not saying he hasn't done well, I think his album went Gold, but if you look at how much Rolling Stone praises him you'd think he was pulling in much more than he does. And that's likely because of Azoff.