View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Peter Green is the only other Mac guitarist that Lindsey seems to respect.
Lindsey likes Peter Green; that's obvious. He did "Oh Well" all those years at every show because he likes the song. I don't think it's a matter of "disrespecting" other Mac guitarists, just not liking their songs. But what you guys are saying is that the current personnel should perform the songs of the previous personnel, regardless of liking it or not. I happen to know that there was a lot of "not crazy about it" going around throughout all incarnations of the band: Lindsey not being crazy about Bob Welch material, Rick not being crazy about Lindsey material, Dave not being crazy about Bob Welch material. If I joined Fleetwood Mac, I wouldn't bother playing Rick's or Dave's songs for the band -- I think they suck & I wouldn't play them. But I'd want to play several of Peter's songs & Danny's songs & Bob's songs & I would CERTAINLY want to play "The Derelict" because that is a masterpiece. However, I'd also want to play my own songs -- it doesn't take much in the way of brains to figure out why a songwriter would want to play his or her own material -- & there are only so many hours I'd want to stand onstage singing & playing.

moviekinks.blogspot.com