View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here it is:

So I saw Neil and Liam Finn at the Coronation Hall in Waipu on Jan 5th this year.... (tail end of the 1st cyclone of the New Year)..... go camping there every New Years and when we saw this tour of small country town halls we were like "Hell yes!!". Only dabbled into 4 songs of SE and CH fame.... rest was new stuff and brilliantly played! (Well done Neil/Liam/Elroy/ Sharon and band!!)

Trundled along with some friends... happy to be inside a structure after tenting for two days of wet and wind! Watching the show as above - stunning sound and the comic banter of old CH was in effect...... go to the bar to get a wine...... and standing in a less lit area of the hall..... was Mick "I tower over everyone here by a mile" Fleetwood!!! Being a drummer myself the temptation to go and pester him was pretty high (like him) but took that moment to check ones self and leave him alone.

Obviously plans were afoot sometime ago.... so well done to both the Finn Clan and indeed for the Mac and Mike Campbell. I'm glad he is in the mix too.... given there is a connection from Damn the Torpedo's era and the producer that bought Nicks and Petty together (Jimmy Iovine). Seems nicely full circle