View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ha ha
Some of you are insane (teasing )
No new guitarist wants to try to fill Lindsey's shows. No way in hell they are doing I'm So Afraid. That is a Lindsey staple that only he can do. No one in their right mind would want to do it either. This time I bet they may not even do GYOW. Lindsey could ask they not perform it this time. Things are really bad now.

The Chain is a group sing along written by everyone. Its not really a Lindsey song so that I see them doing. The new guys will do classic (pre Lindsey) Mac songs. Maybe Blue Letter like in 1987.
I am trying to see what we can bet. If I am wrong and they perform Lindsey songs, I have to come back to this thread and shame myself.
If you guys are wrong, you must do the same

Now that its been one day to get over this Lindsey debacle I can say another thing.
This Crowded House guy sucks. I have no idea about his guitar skills but I hate his weak and wavering voice. For the love of God, those who love classic rock but hate the Mac because they are too wimpy. How about a man's voice as a singer?
Just like Lindsey's critique of Billy and Rick. You cant replace me so why try. Go in another direction. Gosh his voice is nails down a chalk board IMHO.
Hmmm, upon further review... I think I have to agree about "I'm So Afraid." That is a very Lindsey song, and even though Campbell would give it the ol' college try, it probably won't happen. So the bet will be that they do GYOW, then? I'm confident they'll do that one. Not 100% but it seems more likely than not to me.

Neil Finn sucks?!? Blasphemy! I've been a big fan of his since his Enz days - but I've always leaned toward the softer side of rock for the most part. Surely you agree that "I Got You" is a classic tune!...? I'm not sure he'll fit into the Mac sound, though. And I kinda saw he and LB as similar musical forces - each blazing their own unique path, seeing themselves as avant-garde musical Renaissance Men. Which is why I find this move puzzling for Finn - he's never been a "go for the cash-grab" kinda guy. Much like LB, after Crowded House's huge debut album, Finn opted for a much darker, very different sounding follow-up, instead of just recording CHII (much like Tusk was certainly not Rumours II). I think he'll do a good job... but will we angry fans accept him? Judging from the reactions of these first 24 hours, maybe not.