View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Yes, agree completely. I've always found it odd that so many people on this forum seem to think that it is her weakest album; I could not disagree more. As much as I am a fan of Stevie's and Lindsey's material ("Tusk," "I Know I'm Not Wrong," "That's All For Everyone," "Sara," and "Sisters Of The Moon," in particular) I often find myself listening to Christine's material on Tusk more. "Over & Over," "Think About Me," and "Honey Hi" are my three Tusk go-tos, according to my iTunes.

I think what has always made Christine's material so well done is the fact that out of the three songwriters, she was the one who wrote most for the group as a whole. Quite often, I listen to Lindsey and Stevie's post-Rumours material and it sounds much more solo-centric. With the rare exceptions (i.e. "Songbird), Christine always seems to have written with the strengths of all band members in mind. This is extremely evident on "Tusk."
Yes, exactly. The majority of her songs invite the most band participation of the three songwriters. That collective effort makes them so much more pleasurable.

I feel collective band energy on all of the songs on Rumours and Fleetwood Mac, but with Tusk onwards, it's mostly Christine's songs that embody that spirit.