View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 04:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

I've learned a lot from this thread and from you guys. Thanks!

Not that this adds anything except my opinion... based on everything I've read on the album over the last 30 years and what I know about LB's production, I am with those who say that Stevie is not on anything except for her own tracks and Little Lies (which I agree she improves).

In my mind, I've always thought of Tango as a Lindsey solo album with a bunch of Christine songs mixed in (the first BuckVie album, as pointed out here) with the rhythm from Mick and John. I agree that Lindsey probably did the drums on Caroline (maybe more).

SO MUCH about Tango seems to come from Lindsey.... even the cover being from his personal art collection and clearly the title track is his own. Stevie is fortunate she was able to contribute at all, given her personal situation. I mean her best track isn't even penned by her. Glad she got help.

PS - Tango is the album that got me into FM at the formative age of 7 in 1987, and I hold it near and dear to my heart. One of my very first cassettes, which I purchased with my allowance money. I adore Seven Wonders but I skip her other tracks pretty much each listen.