View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Registered

Default Only if they sing each others songs and not their own!

I think the idea sucks.
Only would like it if somehow a 'Two Voices' theme could be expanded upon
(Stevie's brief 'Two Voices' tour w Don Henley, for those who missed it, was the best tour she has done since The Enchanted Tour, 1998.) It was beyond words to hear Stevie sing 'Hotel California' and have her excel so stunningly in her performance of it, ditto 'New York Minute' and even 'Last Worthless Evening'....The audience reaction to her lead vocals on HC (check youtube) I think were not only because she sounded spectacular, which she did, but because for a rare treat Stevie was singing a great song she has not sung to death a zillion times!
So, if the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac tour, I want to hear Stevie on lead on 'Take It To The Limit', 'Lyin Eyes', 'Heartache Tonight', 'Those Shoes', 'HC', 'Desperado' and 'Already Gone' --Lindsey can have 'Take It Easy', "Best of My Love" (just because I bet he hates the song so it can be a character-building thing), and 'Witchy Woman' and whatever other Eagles songs there are.... The Eagles can do Mac's songs, with Joe Walsh and Don Henley doing a 'Tusk' dance at the end of the song, Joe can sing lead (does he still sing lead?) on Dreams, and Don must change shawls and do a high kick on the false-ending of 'Stand Back'.
I actually hope for the first ever proper Stevie Nicks solo tour, soon. She MUST be told that not ONE Fleetwood Mac song may be performed doing her future solo concerts, or legal action will be taken against her by concert promoters and the other members of Fleetwood Mac. Stevie would then perform songs from each and every of her solo albums with at least two brand new songs and she may keep her set to 15 songs, with an intermission, if she needs one. But no more friggin 'Dreams', 'Landslide', 'GDW', 'Rhiannon' or any of the Mac songs she does on every solo tour and every Fleetwood Mac tour. So, go re-learn 'Wild Heart', 'Nothing Ever Changes', 'I Can't Wait', 'Long Way To Go', 'Doing The Best That I Can', 'Listen To The Rain', 'Candlebright', 'Fall From Grace' and do a full 'Sleeping Angel,' two new songs, and the rest can be 'Stand Back' and 'Edge' and whatever other solo staples she wants and needs.
Would I buy a ticket to Stevie and her many exes in Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles Ultimate Dinosour Tour? Sure!

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-27-2009 at 10:57 AM..