View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
The chimp, what a nice name you have for our President. Most liberals like to say how dumb he is, but then at the same time he is this evil genious that duped the whole world. President Bush and the Republicans must be some kind of modern day Jedi's.

What war has not cost us greatly in troops and innocent civilians? And now that the tide has turned even Obama is changing his tune. And what bothers me most is that some Democrats actually want the war to fail just so they will have a better chance at getting into the White House.
I think W is not really an idiot. I think he is just the mouthpeice and is mostly disinterested. Look at the vast failures in his life. Every company he has touched has failed I think Cheney is the one pulling the strings and the facts mostly support that.

But, the point is W lied about the exigent threat to scare us into wanting to go to war with Iraq (yellow cake anyone) -- now our troops are dead when they did not have to be. How does that not piss you off instead of making you apparently blindly defend the man who lied and caused their deaths by spinning it to some BS about the D's wanting the US to fail.

If he were your employee and he made this huge "mistake" that cost your company its solvency and then continued to lie to you about it when you knew he was lying, would you fire him, esp. considering he never succeeded in pretty much anything else he did while working for you?

Also, if you look back a few pages, I posted some facts about how the whole Obama is changing his tune is BS made up by the press. He has been consistent.

But, I am curious, when do you think we get out of Iraq? Ignoring the rhetoric and looking at the facts -- the surge has worked pretty well. So, when is it time to declare victory (we met the goals of toppling SH and est. a "free" Iraqi Govt. years ago) -- and begin to let the Iraqi's pay for and take care of themselves -- and get our troops out? I submit that if Bush or Cheney said that exact sentence, you'd be for it

Also, where is all the Iraqi oil money that W and his administration promised us would pay for this liberation?

In the end, many people have defected from the Bush camp and told of the lies and manipulation of the American public. Many others in politics, but pretty apolitical like Greenspan, tell a similar story http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/sep/17/iraq.oil -- then, there are the articles about W and his cronies plans for the Iraqi oil just weeks into office http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...925oilgrab.htm

Are they all incorrect and only W and Cheney are correct?

Finally, there is the whole other issue of W ignored the head of counter terrorism's direct warnings about Al-Q, not Iraq, being the threat. Then, Al-Q attacks us on 9/11 and instead of going after Bin Laden balls out -- W invades Afganistan, but, like everything elase in his ADD Presidency, drops the ball and again focuses on not just inspecting (which I and the world through the UN agreed with) -- but invading Iraq, which was then a relatively minor and mostly contained player on the world's terrorism stage by then. There was no exigent need to invade Iraq, esp. while the trail to Bin laden was still warm in Afganistan. Remember, Al-Q (the ones who attacked us) had little to no presence in Iraq until until after we invaded Iraq. These were calculated moves designed to prey on a trigger happy American public and they were wrong and have cost us dearly. Can you not see that?

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 07-16-2008 at 01:06 PM..