View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered

Default Pick Question for the Guitar Players Amongst Us

I know there are quite a few guitar playin' Ledgies, so I'm hoping someone can help me out:

For Giftmas, I wanted to get my boyfriend some customized guitar picks with his name on 'em & junk. But I know that pick preference is something kind of personal to a player - you use whatever feels right to you, and other picks might not produce the same tone or feel you're looking for, etc. So I want to make sure I get the "right kind," so he can actually use them comfortably.

I know from sneaking one of the picks he always carts around in his pants pocketses that he uses the green Dunlop Tortex (.88mm).

Here's the problem, though: you can get custom Tortex picks, but they have a minimum order of 800, and I cannot afford that at all.

So I did some research to see if I could find a similar pick, and found that InTuneGP has a green .88mm (it's the GrippX-X) pick that's the same size as the Tortex and ostensibly made of the same material (delrin?), too, though I guess it has a slightly different finish.

So here's my question (actually, I guess it's 3 questions): do any of you have any experience with Gripp-X vs. Tortex? Do you think it would be a suitable substitute? Anything else I should consider?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''