View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

What did you think of the Tusk Deluxe? I thought it was magnificent. I experienced thoughts and sensations I hadn't experienced since the first few days I heard Tusk. The care that went into the whole set was mind-blowing, and it paid off artistically. It had the impact of a great release, like the original Tusk.
I'm still all over it for months. It is a magnificent set. The vinyl sounds nothing less than spectacular, all the extra's are showing sketches of songs and pretty good alternative versions, sometimes spectacular too. The remaster sounds crisp and deep and the rawness of the liveset is mindblowing. There's so much more to hear. Also on the stamping Lindsey songs: what I thought were two layers of guitars are actually sometimes 5 or six different sounds or fragments of different riffs or pickinglines, or flourishes. Beautiful. Same with the backingvocals.

I had a misprinted vinyl. Side three was't there. After sending three copies back I finally found a correct one. So last week I could listen to the original, but now on remastered vinyl, I Know I'm Not Wrong. It was worth all the effort.

The best album ever recorded is now also the best boxed set I know.

Last edited by shackin'up; 05-30-2016 at 02:08 PM..