View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I am surprised at how little I seem to care about this release. I have Mirage on CD and in e form. I am unable to work up a desire to buy this version regardless of how great it may seem to have the added content.
My assumption about the Mirage set is that I've heard all that extra stuff already. Don't we have dozens of versions of Hold Me and Book of Love and Gypsy? I think if I looked through my CDs of Mirage from the "vault," I'd probably find everything that's now being released officially. Is that true? I can't get excited about that, and I can't get excited about those live cuts, stripped right from the old laser disc probably. We have that too. I guess I can get excited about the photographs and the art, but even that's not going to have the impact on me that the Tusk Deluxe art did because the Tusk art (including all those photos they released on 45s and sheet music) meant so much more to me.

What did you think of the Tusk Deluxe? I thought it was magnificent. I experienced thoughts and sensations I hadn't experienced since the first few days I heard Tusk. The care that went into the whole set was mind-blowing, and it paid off artistically. It had the impact of a great release, like the original Tusk.

P.S. I'm posting first and then reading the thread. Thanks to everyone who already has the set and is sharing info about it.

moviekinks.blogspot.com