View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
She's been juggling her solo albums with FM albums since 1980.
I think it'll all work out and you'll see 3 Nicks songs on the new album.
see, what keeps popping to my mind since i heard the news (and i just posted some similar thoughts in SN forum, i'm sure there will be a mob of angry chiffs making sure i never try to go into the forum again ) is this:

yes, SN has been juggling her solo albums with FM. but who's been getting the shorter end of the stick?

let's consider this imaginary (or is it? ) scenario - the Dance in 1997. LB has GOS1 almost completed and was told by Cavallo and/or WB to get together with FM and roll some of that material into FM album. so they get out the Dance. was it supposed to be shortly followed by a full FM studio album? it surely didn't happen. meanwhile SN released GH album as well as studio album while FM was still on hold all those years. so LB again decided not to wait and release GOS1 as solo. WB again pulled him back and said release it as FM. so finally.... finally, SYW comes out 6 years after the dance and initial discussions! wow! snail pace. official version says that the only time they waited for SN was in 2001-2002 when the boys were in the studio but she was promoting her solo album. but why weren't they all together in the studio between 1998 and 2001? why did she release a solo studio album during that time? doesn't she always say her best stuff and first pick always goes to FM? so i guess she considers all he TISL stuff crap and her songs on SYW to be much superior? just wondering...

ok, so it took 6 years since the first talk of the reunited FM studio album to the actual release of SYW.

now let's fast forward to 2009. FM is on tour. LB is consistently saying during the tour speeches that FM is considering going into studio right after the tour. he gets slammed by fans in 2010 when FM does not go into the studio. why did they not go? SN decided to record a solo album? wait what? isn't her band (FM) her first priority? doesn't she always say that? well not in 2010. fast forward to 2012. FM boys again try to record a solo album. SN again nixes it, but begrudgingly contributes the 30+ yo BN song for a mini-release at the start of the next tour. says she's doing FM a favor by holding on to every-3year schedule for tours. apparently she tours solo constantly because she doesn't care about favors to her solo career, FM comes first.

so...... FM should tour every 3 years. what happened? it's 2014! and they are touring? didn't they just tour in 2013??

and wait it's 2014, it's now been 5 years since the first talk of the FM studio album. SN is working on her 2nd studio album since 2009. i guess IYD songs and these new ones are all crap and not worth even offering to FM as the first pick - considering FM will always, always get a first pick of her best songs, right?

let's add up:

it has been 6 years (1997-2003) since the first talk of the FM studio album till the release.
it is only 2014 now. considering it has been only since 2009 that we heard the first talk of a new FM studio album, we need to wait at least another year, so that it's again 6 years from the first talk to the release. so 2015 in the best case scenario.

soooooo, that's how it works. FM is very very slow. and that is because they don't know how to work fast and LB is a perfectionist. or maybe it's because they have to wait for somebody and their solo career which comes first? who knows. or maybe that's the cycles thing LB always talks about: 3 year gaps from tour to tour, 6-year gaps from the first talk of the FM album till the album has even a fighting chance to come out.

now remember, all this is just imaginary. just bsing here. no truth in any of this whatsoever.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"