View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I can't see it...

No problem.

Now I think the most probable timeline is:

1983 - Stevie and Prince worked on Stand Back in the week of January 7-14, 1983. Like many artists do, he doesn't ask to be credited. During the Wild Heart tour (and not the Mirage Tour like she remembers), on the 15th of July 1983 in Minneapolis, Stevie returns the favor and records the overdubs of All Over You at Prince's house. This episode described by Billboard in 1998:
“‘Thousand Days’ was written about my non-relationship with Prince,” says Nicks, who had earlier composed “Stand Back” with him - although she notes he’s never called her back “to set up his payment on 50%” of the latter. “Days” recounts an abortive, all-night '80s recording session with him at his Minneapolis home during a Fleetwood Mac tour, climaxing with Nicks “smoking my pot - he didn’t agree with my lifestyle - and going to sleep on Prince’s floor in his kitchen. I like him, but we were just so different there was no possible meeting ground.”
somehow fits even better her Wild Heart persona.

1984 - During the Rock a Little sessions Prince sends Stevie the alleged Purple Rain cassette. She can't comply and then they return to All Over you. The episode narrated by Details in 1994:
[About seeing him again after stand Back]Yes, when I was on the road a year or so later. I was sick, and Prince brought some cough syrup up to my hotel room. He was sweet–he walked around the room folding things, fluffing pillows, tidying up in general. Then he gave me a spoon of it himself. But when I asked for another spoonful he changed–he said, “I didn’t come all the way up here just to get you hooked on another substance!” Then he left.
might fit with her RAL persona. Then, as stated by Stevie she went to the premiere of Purple Rain and Prince got offended by the fact that she freaked out because of the slap scene and never saw her again.

1985 - Stevie is left with the cassette of All Over You from the RAL sessions with Prince and decides to deliver it to her company Atlantic Records.
I also thought that possibly she had the Wild Heart tour confused with a Fleetwood Mac one, but she seems so certain that the others in FM were rolling their eyes at her when she got back? Who knows