View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Hilarious stuff! funny funny funny! (especially the Lindsey answer ... just what the question deserves)

My question would be so d*rn serious:

"Ms. McVie, did you ever face any sexism or discrimination because you were a female musician in a blues and a rock band at a time when women just were not musicians in bands? If so, how did you handle it? And how have you come to terms with the fact that you hardly ever get any credit for being one of the first women to be a musician/singer/songwriter in a mixed gender band?"
Those are great questions, especially the last one. I've wondered what she thinks of that too. I remember in some radio interview from around the 80s, the presenter making a comment about her being a pioneering woman in a blues/rock band and she kind of acts like she just realised it herself. She says something like, 'I suppose I was,well there was Sandy Denny and Judy Collins but yeah I guess I was one of the only instrumentalists'

Not getting credit from the masses for writing ''Songbird'' (my flatmate swore blindly Eva Cassidy wrote it until I got my Rumours record out) is probably what irks her the most!

Last edited by Cornflake Girl; 08-18-2009 at 02:12 PM..