View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 02:22 PM

Default Click on the link for the podcast

Mick Fleetwood on Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Tango In The Night’ Reissue

Out today (March 31) is a deluxe 30th anniversary edition of Fleetwood Mac's Tango In The Night.

The original set peaked at No. 7 on the Billboard 200 and has sold more than 50 million copies worldwide; The new reissue features three CDs -- including demos, alternative mixes, 12-inch remixes and more -- a vinyl LP and a DVD featuring videos for the singles "Big Love," "Seven Wonders," "Little Lies," "Family Man" and "Everywhere."

Drummer and group co-founder Mick Fleetwood tells us that he enjoys all of these special repackagings of the group's albums:

(Mick Fleetwood on Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Tango In The Night’ Reissue Podcast)

"I'm loving all that. There's been several packages and now this new one that's coming out with all the outtakes. They're beautifully presented. There's been on one 'Rumours,' there's this...beautiful packages...It's appropriate to do that stuff, and you don't ever thing about it about it until someone....documents like this, and it's gratifying and it's A-OK to say hey, there's a feeling and something that I end up saying in quite a few interviews, which is after awhile you turn around and -- 'cause I'm an old sloppy date emotionally -- and you go, 'Y'know what? With all the huff and the puff and the pain and stuff, what is nice is that you can turn around and say, 'Y'know what, it was worth a damn. It was worth that.' To me...it was worth a damn.'"

There was certainly some huff and puff around Tango In The Night; Shortly after its release Lindsey Buckingham -- who felt "Tango" co-opted a solo album he was working on at the time -- declined to tour and left the band, with Fleetwood Mac subsequently touring with Billy Burnette and Rick Vito in his place.

Buckingham reunited with the band for The Dance in 1997.

http://wror.com/2017/03/31/mick-flee...night-reissue/