View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Over and Over is such a beautiful song. I love it.

I also love that Christine was a multi-instrumentalist. Chair, Piano, Guitar, snare drum, accordion, organ, cello, viola, maracas, tamborine (she's actually playing it an not just pretending) .. and I think I've seen her with a trombone...
lol for listing "CHAIR" first, even before piano

Maybe you could elaborate on your idea a bit, cbBen?
To me, Tusk songs like "Over & Over" or "Sara" are Rumours-ish enough on the production front, and in my mind exceed it. Lindsey really went to a lot of effort to make them sound beautiful. And, taking these two tracks as examples, Stevie's and Christine's vocals are absolutely perfect, with lovely backing choruses as well.

Ever since you asked about whether the "Offical Music Video" for "Sara" uses the album version of the song or not, I've been doubting just how familiar you are with these tracks...!
"Over and Over" and "Sara"--after listening to these album tracks to death on headphones back in the day, I feel like I know every inch of them. Every flicker of a guitar string, every vocal whisper.

I'll maintain my stance that any issues with "Sisters" are not to do with which style it was produced in, but just the content itself. It is a "pale shadow" indeed of the lyrical poetry of "Gold Dust Woman" and "Rhiannon." But yeah, the album music is haunting and those live performances are compelling.