View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
I understand the frustration at these carrot-dangling snippets, but we must be careful not to seem ungrateful. Javier is under no obligation to give us anything.

But since he has decided to share the music with us, I think it would make infinitely more sense to post the complete songs.

Let's face it, even if this stuff is released on CD, its appeal will be very limited. Considering Say You Will has been rather lackluster in sales, I think this is something that only would sell a few thousand, especially considering the sound is naturally rather dated. Sorry, but that's my analysis.

And if Javier does release this stuff, I bet that posting complete songs here would not deter any of the diehards from buying a CD. How many people didn't buy Say You Will because they already had most of the songs? I suspect not one person passed on the CD.
Agreed.

Thing is, this material is never going to be made commercially available. From what I've heard, the tapes themselves have considerable noise and sound very dated, especially for studio and soundboard material. I don't think anyone is going to want to invest in fixing them up, manufacturing the product, and marketing it if, at best, 5,000 copies are going to be sold. It isn't realistic.

The music itself really has no market value. With the exception of us die-hard fans, who in the hell has ever heard of Fritz? No one and we'd be the only people to buy the product. Plus, we can't even get Buckingham Nicks on CD, I highly doubt we'd get this stuff.