View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It is quite good. I mean, it's not going to win a Pulitzer or anything, but it was entertaining and, more importantly, chock full of interesting tidbits about his time in Fleetwood Mac. For example, I wasn't aware of how close he was to Lindsey. Also, I loved how he told how much money he was paid for certain gigs while with FM. I was confused, however, by how little he mentioned Rick Vito. I would have thought they would have had a pretty strong bond, seeing as how they were thrown into the chaos that is FM at the same time, but I think he probably mentioned Rick twice, with virtually zero details. Maybe Billy thought the fans would only be interested in reading about everyone else, who knows?

Definitely worth ordering the book, if you're a fan of FM from 1975 to now. Also, while not a lot of pictures, there are some I'd never seen before, including a great one of Stevie, Billy, and Rick from a live show.
C'mon give us more juicy details than this

I always wanted to know the Rick Vito connection to the band. I get Billy's connection. He played with Christine, Mick, and Stevie in their solo careers and was a good friend of the band. I always was curious the connection that Rick had to the band. I wish Todd Sharpe got the call but that's water under the bridge. I too would love to know how much they got paid. How much did he say? With their 2 world tours I am sure they never would have to work again IF they were smart with their money. However those were the days where tickets were about the price of the albums $15.00 or so. So maybe I am wrong. They never had hit songs with the band and BTM struggled to be gold so they would not make much off the band with record sales or royalties. I think Mick loosely describes how they were both hired but I forget. Billy is easy. I think the record company suggested Rick and thought Billy was not a lead guitarist and was only rhythm. So they needed an ace lead guitarist. But my memory could be wrong.
In Mick's last book he glossed over the Rick/Billy era only to say Billy was his big drinking partner during the BTM era.
I was just watching parts of the BTM/Farewell tour on youtube last night. It was an incredible tour. I think Stevie went out of her way to be active on stage to fill the void left by Lindsey. She really liked to play around on stage during that tour..
I like Billy but IMHO he is a horrible singer. Its like nails down a chalkboard to me. Rick is not much better. However, I think Rick could have done a better job at Go Your Own Way.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-22-2017 at 12:57 PM..