View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
This is about the CD and not the duet. I'm a mild DH fan and I listened to this CD once and won't ever listen to it again. For me, it's that bad. The lyrics are all cliches. It was so bad that in a couple of songs, I was actually predicting the next line of a song before he sang it, and I"m not that good. The song about a single mother working as a waitress was just patronizing to women. Yuck. Since I'm not a big fan I don't really care, but even so I was really disappointed. I love Boys of Summer and The Last Resort and a few other songs of his, but this stuff is just bad, IMO.

Sorry to be so negative, but I rarely dislike anything this much and I just needed a place to complain. I'm better now.

Kevin
No need to be sorry.

I understand your opinion. I'm also a "mild" Don Henley fan. I had expectations this would be a more lively affair. Rather than calling it bad, I'd say it's just bland. I'm not a country music aficionado by any means, but I think an album like Billy and Bekka's country album (from years ago) is more dynamic and appealing.

I've listened to the Target version of the album several times. It's sort of like audio wallpaper --- undemanding backround music suitable in morning hours or late evenings.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-11-2015 at 05:11 PM..