View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Okay so this question came up the other day when a friend of mine commented that Fleetwood Mac and Stevie's solo bands had little difference between them. I had to disagree, and listed a few songs where John's, Mick's and Lindsey's playing stood out as beyond exceptional, even on Stevie-written songs like Sara, Gypsy, or Destiny Rules.

Problem arose when I came to Christine... I love her keyboard playing but I struggled to come up with a song that truly shows off her understated talents.

The only ones I could think of were:
Some of the early live versions of Don't Stop
Never Forget
Believe Me
Keep Me There (at the end especially)
Songbird
Isn't It Midnight (the guitar gets most of the attention but the keys are great too)
and.. .maybe Rhiannon? I also always liked her keys on Landslide and its a bummer that they cut those out of the live versions.

I know she play keys more as part of the rhythm section, but to you guys what are some songs where her playing really grabs your attention?
Now that Chris is back in the band, I'd like the band to put the keyboards BACK in the live version of "Landslide" for this next tour.

Also, I know it's cliché to say, BUT "Songbird" is probably the BEST Christine McVie track ever recorded. It's also one of the greatest Fleetwood Mac songs on record.