View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Capitol Centre 1975

I've been watching this quite a lot lately and I've pretty much come to the conclusion that this is my favourite video of this line-up. Recorded just eight weeks after the release of the White Album, it really does give an insight into the band just before they really made it big. They know they're good but they haven't a clue what's about to happen to them as the band crawls out of the chrysalis once again. It really does express the past, present and future of the band like no other performance I've seen.

It's got nearly everything for me- the nods to Peter Green (through Oh Well and the Green Manalishi), Danny & Jeremy (Station Man), Bob Welch (Hypnotised), and Christine's Blues roots (Get like you used to be). Stevie's Rhiannon is terrific and Christine delves into Bare Trees and Mystery to Me for her numbers. It's a shame she didn't perform one of her four new songs, but it's only an eleven-strong set so there's not that much room, I guess.

I only wish a better quality recording of the show would turn up, without "FOR SCREENING ONLY" appearing on the screen throughout.

Anyone else feel the same?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpij-BvOwGs

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 11-28-2015 at 01:13 PM..