View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post

“Doing all the very famous material is actually more fun,” insists this born entertainer. “It’s been a breath of fresh air for us to not have to worry about trying to sell [new] songs.”
You've always been afraid to perform new songs on all the tours from 1982 & beyond.

“I’m a performer and an entertainer, that’s what I live for. I would be dancing on tables in bars if I wasn’t in Fleetwood Mac, doing small shows all over the world, driving my van.”
What are you, a fortune teller? If you were a second grade schoolteacher where would you find the time to travel the world? Also as miss famous Stevie Nicks you've barely made a dent outside the uSA in you solo touring career.

“Am I sad about the fact that I don’t have a relationship? No. I’m going to Europe to stay in the best hotels, to play huge shows, playing my music, to meet lots of interesting people. So I really don’t care.”
What you are saying here is really a bunch of crap.(In your own words)

To Stevie’s amusement, her 81-year-old mother reckons she still hasn’t met Mr Right. She’s all too happy for her mother to be proved right but, to date, the love of her life is a member of the Eagles and not the one you’d expect.
Lindsey was the love of your life. If it was Joe you'd be talking about him non stop and filling our ears with a ton of songs about him.

Her romance with Walsh was not the only fall-out of her drug addiction. Cocaine has left a hole in her septum, leaving her wishing her generation had not been told that cocaine was “safe, recreational and not a bigger deal than smoking pot or cigarettes”.
Who the hell is she kidding? I grew up in the 60's and 70's and I knew cocaine and cigarettes were dangerous for you. Everyone except FM knew.

Klonopin.
“That took eight years out of my life,” she says.

You should have stopped taking them after a few months if they weren't working for you.

“Those were my prime years, my 40s, when a lot of my heavy, creative activity was really happening. Klonopin grabbed hold of you and made you sit down on your couch and not get up.
How do you know they were creative. Let's hear the proof?

“I just watched TV for eight years in a daze. I’m sorry I didn’t have a car crash on the way to seeing that doctor.”
Again miss fortune teller, how do you know you would have survived the accident? And who wishes they'd get in a car accident anyway?

So when Stevie finally got herself back on track, she needed to make up for lost time. “I made a decision a long time ago to follow my artistry. I decided that my mission here on this earth was to write songs for people and make them happy.”
It would make me very happy if you would finally release all these new songs you constantly talk about writing and then perfom most of them, not just one or two.

Thank you for posting this article. I had fun making fun of all her silly contradictions!
Dreams unwind, love's a state of mind.

Last edited by vivfox; 10-18-2009 at 02:18 PM..