View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Junior Ledgie

Snoot, you said:

Maybe he was stoned at the time, perhaps nipped a bit much? I don't know if that could be a precursor of DK's decline musically (doubt that's what you're implying), but if you mean regarding the personal demons he would increasingly battle as time went on, then yeah, who knows? Keep in mind, they ALL indulged far more than they should of in various forms of contraband, Danny included. Fortunately, as FG + BT proved, he still had plenty of fuel in his tank left.

Tell us which track you're referring to! Inquiring minds insist on knowing.

Actually, it is Station Man (the live version). Granted, it seems to be a terrible mix but unless my copy has some serious problems (there does seem to be some sound cutouts) if you listen to it and about 3/4 of the way through the lead guitar just makes no sense. At all. I assume it is Danny's guitar.

Interesting though, I was thinking, again, as I listened to Madison Blues this morning that, for me, it is really revealing of what the band was becoming. If you hold Kiln House in one hand and Madison Blues in the other you seem to be holding a short lived but totally promising version of FM. Especially on MB, but also on KH you get a sense of a real band, working together and some really nice intermingling guitars between Danny and Jeremy. Had things been different I think this band really could have gone places. It is interesting to hear the guitar interplay between the two and realize that it is the reason PG brought Danny into the group because he wasn't getting that from Jeremy. Jeremy even says that lots of times, on stage, he would just sit out on Peter's stuff. Don't know if he thought he couldn't handle it or didn't care but here he is, doing that very thing with Danny. Hmm.

Rick