View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Exactly! He may be just as much of a diva as she is but he's not the one who threw weight around to get someone else fired. Granted, she has more power these days than he does but even if he did have that power, I very highly doubt he ever would've done something like that out of pettiness. His 'power move' is making an album without her probably just to show her "fine you don't want to be on this, then don't, but we're not stopping". But to use your power to get someone kicked out of the group they've put decades of work into? I never thought Stevie-- or anyone in the band for that matter-- could do anything so ugly.
Well, we're now learning some stories from the 80's about Mick and Stevie ignoring Lindsey I've never heard before.
I'm reading some books and I'm learning that Fleetwood and the McVies never had a problem firing band members. I'm not saying Stevie is innocent, but she surely found support in her decision.

I'm sure what angered her the most was the fact that Lindsey went ahead and did an album without her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.