View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
When I was about 16, I wrote to Bill Graham and complained about high ticket prices (they were probably $15 or something). He wrote a personal note and send me a gift certificate for tix.
That's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
In Carol Ann's book she says that Stevie dedicated it to her during the Tusk tour. I don't think she mentioned exactly when and where.
Yeah, that part is a little hazy. CAH talks about the three Melbourne shows, the first being where Lindsey laid on the ground for three songs straight, taking the spotlight away from Stevie during Rhiannon and then mocking her during Sisters of the Moon by pulling his jacket over his head and following her around all over the stage. According to her the second night was a regular night and the third night, which would be the 3rd of March, was the show where Stevie missed World Turning because she was busy attacking CAH at the side of the stage and screaming at her that she hated CAH being with Lindsey and that she would never allow her to marry Lindsey because CAH was evil, evil, evil.

Then she says that the next morning she told Lindsey about what happened and that he got mad and went over to Stevie's hotel room to sort things out. They left for Brisbane that same day and according to her the show was that same night, which would make it the 4th of March. She said she wasn't looking forward to it, because she was afraid Stevie now had it in for her. Apparantly Stevie apologized and thought she got hives because of what she did and she dedicated Landslide to CAH that night. But the next show was really on March 7, not the 4th.

So, who knows? She might have all made it up and nothing happened, or she forgot a few details, like how they had 3 days off in between, not a new show immediately after. If Stevie really did dedicate Landslide to her, that would then have been the March 7, 1980 show in Brisbane.