View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I guess I could be president if I wanted to... I've never so much as smoked a cigarette (let alone pot), I've never taken an illegal drug of any kind, and I've never driven while drunk. In fact, I've never even been drunk.

I thoroughly agree that there are worse things in life... that Clinton once found himself holding a joint (if that's all he did with it) was never something that I personally had a problem with.

My problem is with the conservatives and Republicans who did make an issue out of it, while now turning a blind-eye to various things Dubya has done, that are... in my opinion... much worse.
And that's not some kind of liberal bias... I feel that it's VERY wrong to drive while intoxicated. I don't care if "everyone has done it," or not... it's irresponsible to risk the lives of other people, simply because you don't know when to say "when."
First of all Johnny - have a cosmo - once you do THERE'S NO TURNING BACK!!!!!

I was not saying someone should drive while drunk - they should not - take a cab for goodness sake or don't drink - that is what I do. Moreover, I submit if you can afford a cocktail - you can afford a cab.

What I am saying is "drunk" is a legal term, which usually means one, perhaps two drinks/beer/wine/whatever. If someone drinks alcohol, the odds are they have driven over the legal limit because in some states one drink can put you over the limit. So, if someone does that they are breaking the law just like W did. Yet, people think if they do not get caught, they are not breaking the law. That is just wrong to me.

Also, I think W commenting in his 50's on something that happened in his early 30's was the source for the term "youthful." I do not think he was saying he was 18 at the time, esp. when his age was published.

Finally, I say that if people did not want Clinton judged for the fellatio (obstruction issues aside) and/or pot smoking (but no inhaling ), both of which were crimes, then why is it right to bring up W's past problem with alcohol and drugs and/or his DUI (obstruction issues aside). Yet, human nature is not like that and we all do it. Certainly, it has been done in this thread by "both sides."

Right or wrong - people love dirt and are holier than thou about it.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-10-2004 at 02:08 PM..