View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I have no problem with them doing it for the first few shows since the tour began so close to the anniversary of Tom's death. As to continuing it for months into the tour, I don't know about that... With that said, based on the videos of FF and the reports of those who attended saying how the crowd sang along and really got into it, it appears Stevie was right about it being "a moment".
Agreed on fading it out, maybe they throw in something new in for the 2019 shows?

As for "Free Fallin'" being a great sing-along moment, they'd get the same reaction from the crowd if they played Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," but that doesn't mean it necessarily belongs in a "celebrating 50 years of Fleetwood Mac" show. I think the evidence of that is the overall positive reaction to DDIO. People like songs they know.

I guess all I'm saying is just because it gets a positive reaction from people inside the arena doesn't mean it's "fitting" for Fleetwood Mac to be playing it. And I say this as someone who absolutely adores TP, saw him live many times, etc.