View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 08:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ended up hanging out way too late last night with my friend after the show. But I had some Twitter bonding moments (I’m Tzipity if any of you were following reports from last night. I got ranty...) that may have been my favorite part. That and I can’t lie I think Christine was a shining light of the show so I don’t regret it. I also had a fantastic seat on her side so that was nice. But I’m all over the place on thoughts and have a zillion photos and audio clips including some I focused on the crowd with. Kind of have to say the crowd was all over in response too.

Anyway, think I’ll do a full review later. It’s so early but lucky me today is the Chicago Marathon and I live on the route so rest is not forthcoming and it’s killing me that “Don’t Dream Its Over” is stuck in my head since the show ended. I don’t know how that happened. I left a FM show with THAT in my head? (And I got up and left during it too!) what even?!?!

I must say my show highlight weirdly enough maybe, was hearing “Isn’t It Midnight”. I happen to really like the song and it was the most upbeat non Lindsey song played so the show needed it even if I may have been feeling it more than most. Truly, while many have been claiming it’s now “The Stevie show” with all the pre B/N songs and with Stevie not doing Silver Springs, Sisters (despite them selling a Sisters tour shirt with Stevie and Christine on it!), or Seven Wonders (these would’ve been my top picks from her. Love Storms but omg the crowd did not and it ruined my own experience of it with people talking very loudly throughout) Stevie really didn’t capture me at all. I think Christine ultimately had more songs? Or that’s how it felt? So I can feel happy with that on some level.

And good lord, it was feeling like the Mick Fleetwood show for the longest most miserable World Turning drum banging, rambling thing from him. I may be slightly exaggerating but I’m relatively certain that was a solid TEN MINUTES of the show. And that felt like a special slap on the face to Lindsey to me.

And oops guess I’ve already typed half my review and am stopping myself here for now. It stings that I spent so much on the show especially as someone in a very poor financial state. But I don’t regret it entirely either, I guess. But I think I accidentally went more into Team Lindsey as a result which.... can’t be what the band intended.

Legit though- Christine was the shining jewel and why I think I am still glad I went.