View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default RIAA Certification

I just looked at the latest Billboard 200 charts which were published today, and noticed that 'Rumours' has charted yet again. This time it's at #139 with approximately 2,000 copies sold but the album hasn't received a certification since March 2003. I'm 99.9% sure that the album has sold/shipped at least another million copies in more than 11 years which means it's surely due for a 20xPlatinum certification from the RIAA.

1988's 'Greatest Hits' is also a regular on the Billboard 200 and appeared as recently as last week, charting at #162. That album hasn't been certified in over 14 years and has DEFINITELY sold/shipped another million copies since then, meaning a certification of 9xPlatinum or higher is needed.

1975's 'Fleetwood Mac' hasn't been certified since 1986, and I know for a fact that it's sold just over a million copies since 1991 which means that it's DEFINITELY due for a certification of 6xPlatinum or higher.

2002's 'The Very Best of' has also sold over 1.5 million copies, and is a 2CD set meaning that it is eligible for a 3xPlatinum certification. At the moment it is certified only Platinum.

The albums I have listed are ones that I am sure that require a higher certification, but it is the same story with Stevie's albums:

'Bella Donna' hasn't been certified in over 24 years, and I know that it has sold approximately a million copies since 1991, meaning it too requires a higher certification. I remember seeing something on this forum mentioning a 5xPlatinum certification that occurred in 2004 but was withdrawn. I'm not sure if that's correct but even so, the album needs a higher certification.

'Crystal Visions' has sold approximately 510,000 copies meaning that too is eligible for a Gold certification.

There may even be more of Fleetwood Mac and Stevie's albums that need a higher certification, but let's wait and see if anything happens when Stevie's new album and Fleetwood Mac's new album come out. Hopefully then the RIAA will get to work and sort all of these out.

If anyone has anymore albums or even singles that they think need a certification or a higher certification (I know 'Landslide' is one of them), then be sure to post. I'm also interested on people's views on this subject. Be sure to post!!!