View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sugar Mouse, thanks so much for all the updates and links- it's much appreciated and helps to give me an idea of what to expect when I see FM in October. As far as his fans being upset because joining FM could deter his own output, they should consider that maybe he will be even more inspired AND may have another outlet for his creativity now. I mean, possibly playing on a FM album can bring in some new fans for him. Hopefully they will see it that way, too.
Interesting. You may be right. I'm betting that Christine and Neil find creative common ground and write some gems together. Neil ends up writing songs wherever he goes so wouldn't be a surprise. He's a songwriting machine. The fans on the Finn Forum see the Fleetwood Mac thing as a "hired gun" assignment where there's little chance for creative output and simply a pay day for Neil. They don't begrudge that and are happy that Neil will get paid for his talent but would prefer more Neil new material instead of tours. Different perspectives.

The other story I should tell is about the song "Anger Plays A Part" mentioned above. That's the song that will be on the new Neil/Liam Finn album coming out in August. When I saw Neil perform earlier this month, he told the story of Liam bringing that song to him and Neil being so proud of his son for writing such a great song. Neil got choked up saying how much he loved the song. Such a nice thing when one of your children makes a dad proud.