View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Deaf and Blindmans Blues Forum

Thanks a million for posting the clips from YouTube dansven after that very very sad review! Maybe the reviewer from Blindmans Blues Forum was deaf as well. On the film Peter Green seems even more alive and dynamic than on the february tour. Sometime - hopefully on a scandinavian tour in the autum - we might even see him standing up!

Great that new stuff (blues to supplement the jazzy things) has been added to the repertoire.
I agree with slipkid and greenmanastrat that he also seems to be getting a bit more into 'bluesplaying' again in a more convincing way than with SG. "Oh Pretty Woman" expresses the empathy with the music that is so special to him.

Great to hear him play Oh Well again. I know the sound quality is not very good. Oh Well is a very structured piece originally, but on this YouTube clip it sounds more chaotic and uncoordinated - which I also like, even if it is not intended

I agree with you dansven - it is of great importance that PG is the only lead player now. First and foremost because it would be horrible to have to endure tedious "hot soloes" from somebody else. Thumbs up for Mike Dodd!

Oh yes - and great organ solo on "Sweet Marie".

Like the person on YouTube wrote: I wish I had been at that gig! And I hope these tours will be immortalized- filmed, recorded.

Ms Moose