View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Registered

No question, no contest - "Lay Me Low" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

The "malanderer, badlander and thief" bit in my sig is from this song, actually. The first time I heard it years ago, I knew it would be the perfect funeral song for me, because it's got the perfect mix of f*ck-all-that-noise-I'm-outta-here and narcissistic omg-you-guys-wasn't-I-freakin-awesome.

I'm not sold on the idea that people need to have an actual funeral for me, because they're expensive and it's not like I'm going to know any better, but I can see folks getting together for a drink, listening to this, and laughing - if you know me even slightly, then you'll laugh when you hear it, too.

Plus, it's just a genius song in general. Nick Cave is my co-pilot.

PS - If people do insist on having a funeral for me, then I must insist that this clip of Gaahl from Gorgoroth in the excellent documentary, Metal: A Headbanger's Journey be played, because it's one of the best 24 seconds that ever happened anywhere:

That will never not be hilarious, even when I'm dead.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''