View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm most frustrated with the band's indifference -- and Stevie's blatant hatred -- towards the internet. I take Stevie's 3pm comment with a grain of salt. Same with the money comments. If she wanted to be there, she'd be there as required. I believe her that it's boring to sit there when she can't contribute instrumentally and would rather be pursuing her own projects. I just wish the band showed some interest in the untapped resource of the internet.

I feel that it really is the ghost of the past that Stevie is living in. Her duet with Harry Styles went viral, most of the top singer/songwriters today -- Adele, Taylor Swift, Lorde, Lana Del Rey, to name just a few -- consider her an inspiration... The internet could do a lot for her and FM. Imagine if the band used the internet to promote their work. I think just a little fan interaction now and then would work wonders. The streaming issue is real but people will always see Fleetwood Mac live and their work continues to touch people of all generations. People who discover their work through streaming are more inclined to buy their albums than people who never hear them or hear of them at all.