View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
It's funny how subjective music can be.
These are just my personal knee jerk reactions.
I like Wish You Were Here, it's just not a "stunner"
like Brown Eyes.
And Shut Us Down, for me, is one of the most powerful Buckingham songs ever recorded.
So it feels right to have at the top of the set.
I get the keyboard filler parts at this show, but it felt unnecessary against
the spare solo guitar.
Yes on Spare Me a Little!
I don't necessarily disagree but, the question is, given that this is NOT a LB solo show, but a series of shows to showcase the new album (which it does very well), to show off the songwriting and performing talents of Chris and Lindsey, to show of some bits of their catalog of collaborations, to show off maybe Lindsey's playing and arranging skills, and to remind people of their hits/scratch the itch of those who know and expect certain hits from each of them. SUD fills none of these niches except maybe showing off Lindsey's live playing skill and performance (i.e. managing an audience) skills. The trouble is it has absolutely ZERO connection to his work with Christine, their collaborations, etc......all of which is the main foundation of the whole tour. It's perfect for a solo Lindsey show which is full of people who want deep cuts from him.

I agree with the previous poster that the first 3 songs being Lindsey-focused are disproportionate and rather disrespectful to Christine's "body of work". Granted he may feel like he's more of a proven headliner (which is true) but it's a tedious choice for the opening of a set defined by BuckVie collabs past and present.