View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Yes, BuckVie! The value is much better! $100 can get fairly good seats, but I have no clue what $100 gets for FM. I don't want to know, but I know it's not as good.
there may not even be any $100 tix for FM, if judging by prices for other artists of their generation already on sale touring this year. then again, maybe those other artists are saturating the "legends" market and FM will come in too late so won't be able to demand those prices. Radio City tix wsre definitely not going like hot cakes at the crazy prices, even though that was a much smaller venue, and for charity, with all those other huge names attached to the event.

watching videos from Musicares reminds me of something i so dislike about FM shows - i see a video of the Chain where John or Lindsey are doing a guitar solo and the fan with camera zooms in on Stevie just standing in the middle of the stage instead (of course for the chain Harry was there so they all just zoomed in on him and ignored FM all together lol). or i see a video of Tusk and instead of Chris-Linds little accordion-guitar dance fan's camera follows Stevie just walking away. or during GYOW instead of Chris-Lindsey interaction or Lindsey playing guitar solo, again - fan's camera follows Stevie just walking around. during BuckVie tour, i actually got to see those solos in fan videos. i actually got to see Chris-Linds Tusk interactions.

GYOW, however much in its core is a kiss-off song for LB-SN relationship, received a completely new life on stage with a little play Chris and Lindsey would do during shackin' up line, with the bat. i miss that when i see the stale version of the FM dynamic on stage now. i see Chris taking a bat out at the beginning of the song, but has nowhere to actually use it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"