View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Horizon View Post
In June 1973 the music press released this story as follows:-

Peter Green is recording again.
Peter Green, former Fleetwood Mac lead guitarist and writer of much of their early material including "Albatross" is to record again after a lengthy period of inactivity. This follows the signing last week of a new contract between Green and Clifford Davis Productions-the company run by the Fleetwood Mac manager-stipulating six albums over the next three years. Release is expected to be on Warner Brothers.
The first album release, scheduled for late summer,will be the only one not to feature newly-recorded material. Titled "Out Of Reach", it is a collection of tracks recorded by Green after he left Fleetwood Mac in May 1970. All the material- consisting mainly of live recordings with some studio tracks- is previously unreleased.
Green, who this week flew to America for a holiday, will start recording new material on his return to this country. He will choose his own session men as necessary. At the moment, he has no plans to form a working band or to play live concerts.
Thank you so much for posting this! Never read it before. And yes, the "what ifs" come to mind... By the way, 6 albums in 3 years seem pretty heavy, even back then. Clifford Davies reputation as the "Big Bad Manager" isn't really improving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I don't think "Sandy Mary" was intended for a Peter Green solo album. I think that was to be on the Then Play On follow-up 2lp live album (tentatively titled Cerulean had Peter NOT left the band. (since it was performed at the Boston Tea Party weekend and made it onto the tapes recorded during that series of shows. ) (...) (I think Danny's "Only You" also fell into that category.)
Yes, this has also been my impression. (I even used to put up compilations of how I imagined "Sandy Mary" to be)