View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 03:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm exhausted so I'll write more tomorrow. I had a FANTASTIC time though! They let me upgrade my lawn seats and I ended up in the fourth row on Lindsey's side so can't complain at all about the seating issues or anything. Though I had a very overzealous man in a Jethro Tull shirt (was with another very boozed up buddy in some other rock band shirt. Why would you wear shirts from a whole other band to a show?) and he kept killing my photos whooping his hands in the air and doing some weird stuff. Haha. Also saw a girl dressed like Stevie in the second row. I wore a Fleetwood Mac shirt I picked up at one of the concerts from the last tour with a 70s era photo of the group because while I do enjoy dressing up like Stevie, didn't see the point tonight. I completely fell in love with the new album tonight and I really especially seemed to enjoy all of Christine's songs but really wasn't a bad song in the set. I am SUPER BUMMED though especially with a seat so great that while I had my really nice camera with me I forgot both to check the batteries or bring my extras so camera was dead and I was so desperate I was trying to find someone else with a camera because I'd have paid for batteries. Haha. I really enjoy concert photography and my camera would've gotten some great video as well. Phone didn't do as well but may share a few of my best when I get a chance. I can't seem to get the whole camera thing right. Forgot my camera (and even my wallet and phone!) at the last Mac show I was at (Valentine's day 2015 in Chicago). Apparently I get too excited and my brain stops working.

Scored the signed vinyl (but bent a corner when I got home, ugh!) and the signed CD plus the slim fit shirt and hoodie. I'm a band merch collector and ended up at the tent twice.

Biggest joy of my night though was catching all the women up at the front of the stage begging for picks and setlists. I went racing up as well and scored a LB pick!!! I'm beyond jazzed by this because I'll probably never get this close at another show (just so hard with my health and this venue was extremely tough on me as well and left really sick but so worth it!) Was a little bit gross the way some folks begged and begged and got stuff and kept on begging. When I was handed my pick I thanked the crew member who gave it to me and was on my way. But oooh pick!!!! I'm probably going to frame my LP and place the pick with it. Most cherished part of my big FM collection.

BTW- saw in another thread, someone had heard the band was crazy rushed getting to this show and their schedule was odd but they began about five before 9 so seemed like any issues ended up working out. I didn't really see the opener though I heard some because given how poorly my body handles the heat and humidity I intentionally arrived after 8. Still want to give the Wallflowers a good listen some time.

Anyway, more tomorrow but so exhausted. Feeling better physically at least from how sick I was right after but I'm so thrilled I got to go and scored such lovely seats. Sorry you paid for your Ryan but hope you had similar great seats. Mind if I ask where you were seated? Have any photos to share? Was really hard to get any of Christine from my spot. I really don't know what it was about this show but I'm more in love with Christine than ever (I've always loved the entire Rumours lineup hardcore but Chris was probably my least fave. This has definitely changed!) My mom really enjoyed the show as well and it was nice to get to share this with her. She would normally refuse to let me buy her tickets and hasn't been to any shows in probably a decade so I'm glad she got to get away and have a fun night as well. Think it added to the experience for me.

Going to bed smiling. Oh, and crowd definitely grew considerably from the sparse reports earlier in the night. Hard to say how many people were there total because they seemed relatively spread out but more than I had expected and everyone around me was super into it and very gracious. Lots of "I love you Christine!", "Love you Lindsey!" moments and such and people seemed to cheer as much forthe new stuff as the classics. Really think it was a great batch of songs for live performance.