View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Yes, it is a kind of "double-denial" of the obvious....that it is magical playing!

And slipkid and others who might know: I remember another thread with this question but can't find it: I have the Boston Teaparty (lilac coloured box, called Fleetwood Mac Boston Blues) in a two cd version from Snapper Music, released in 2000. Jumping at Shadows is the 4th number on disc one.

Is the Jumping At Shadows on that the same version as the one you are talking about on volume 3 in the 3 cd version?

Everybody agreed that the 3 cd one should be released again!

Anyway, it is a very emotional, close to the heart interpretation of the lyrics, which was - I suppose - very like PG's mental state at the time: paranoic, exhausted and sad.

Ms Moose

The Boston Blues version of JaS is from "Live in Boston vol 1." . Don't forget there's a third version of JaS from Boston on "Jumping At Shadows The Blues Years", and either "Vaudeville" or "Showbiz Blues" (same version). That is the weakest of the three IMO.

For me the "Live in Boston vol. 3" version is the best example of how Peter used dynamics. While Eric Clapton (Mayall and Cream Clapton) liked to bring out the knife right away and kill you on the spot, Green would toy with you, then wield a sledgehammer to finish you off. It's as if he's dancing on glass. Even though Duster Bennett wrote the song, it fit Peter's state of mind (at the time) to a T. He literally was jumping at shadows.

I was going to give you Ms. Moose the Amazon.com .mp3 link for the song, but for some reason (this is recent) six of the original thirteen tracks for vol. 3 are missing, including JaS! What is going on? I could send you the song directly Ms. Moose via e-mail. It's in iPod format.