Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
A fellow Stonybrooker !! I went there from '68 - '72, things must be quite different now. Back in the day one of the major concert venues on the east coast was the Fillmore East, everyone who was anyone played there. At that time the Brook (as it was called) had a very well deserved reputation as a drug haven, and guess what ? Almost every artist who played at the Fillmore wound up playing Stony Brook during the week. I think the entire student activity fund was used to hire these acts, you could catch The Doors or The Byrds, Jefferson Airplane,The Who playing IN THE GYM or outside on the lawn !! Tickets were maybe $ 3.00 , it was incredible !

Having graduated in '72 I kinda lost track of goings on at Stony Brook does anyone know if FM or Stevie ever played there ?
These days, only some indie acts play Universtiy Cafe (which is all blocked off since they're building this stupid student center that's gonna open when i graduate) and either USG and SAB sponsored Brookfest (this year, it was such a bomb that the Press calledit Lamefest) and everyone goes to off campus clubs to party (those dorms, even suites, are too small to party in).

Sadly, neither FM nor Stevie would ever play there (too busy going to bigger venues, such as the Coliseum and the Garden), but dammit, I don't care if it's Lindsey solo, I wanna see the Mac play in SBU!

You can add me on Facebook