View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I agree. It seems that Stevie needed a female friend on the tour or she wasn't going to do it so with Christine out of the picture it looks like it's Sheryl Crow.
That's what I think is happening here, Gail. Stevie Nicks is finagling this.

Quote:
She's not really going to join the band as a permanent member is she?
I guess that hasn't really been settled yet. But Sheryl might as well join permanently. Otherwise why bother? What's the musical difference between recording & touring with the band as a member or as a "guest"? If Fleetwood Mac just wants a Name to tour with, why not pick an even bigger name? There are probably several bigger bands out there that would agree or want to co-tour with Fleetwood Mac. Why take Sheryl out unless as a permanent, new member?

And why are they even considering adding people now anyway? What, do they feel a second wind? Are they planning on cranking up the activity at this stage? Don't they want to retire yet from the grind? If she's watching this, Christine probably thinks they're all unhinged.

Hmmm. . . maybe it's a record label "suggestion." Beef up the old album sales, eh? Try to break that glass ceiling of 900,000 copies or whatever. With Fleetwood Mac's numbers & Sheryl Crow's numbers combined, you can sell 2 million! The suits undoubtedly consider that preferable to the status quo.

Last edited by David; 03-14-2008 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: It occurs to me ...