View Single Post
Old 04-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: Minnesota....but really ANYWHERE but HERE.....because it SUCKS!!!
Heart It was...

(Might be LONGGGG)

My first and ONLY (so far) was on the TISL tour when she hit IL. It was amazing to me...I was in AWE of her. Everyone reacts differently to that situation and I had NO CLUE what to expect because I had never experienced a concert let alone a STEVIE concert. So I got in there,I have floor seats...WAYYYYY Back...but HELLO..STILL floor! Well when I finally made my way up to the front...it was during Bombay Sapphires and I saw her face....I just ...SPEECHLESS. This was the person that I've been a die-hard fan of for years and NOW I got to see her.INCREDIBLE....
On a VERY funny SIDE note...I had come all the way from Winona,MN to be there because (hmmm call it intution) but I DIDN'T want to wait for the MN concert. (which ended up being cancelled) I'm 16 and got a hotel,a friend to drive me,and a ticket..ALL by myself. I was making some plans to meet some Ledgie friends of mine and it didn't pan out well because there were like three Mcdonald's in the same radius. Laura (LAURAHI..is the Ledgie) had told me "I'll be wearing this,and this and this..and OH...my BOYFRIEND looks like LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM". ...so I pretty BUMMED out that I didn't get to meet these people....before the concert...because they sounded so AWESOME online.
Well At the END of the concert I DIDN'T want to go back to the Hotel and I thought I should wander until I just can't wander anymore...so I DID...for maybe about 10 minutes. Now you WON'T believe this..but I was walking out..talkng to some people on the way...and then I saw this person join in on our conversation and.... I looked at her...I looked at her BOYFRIEND and I KNEW...it was LAURA. What's even MORE amazing about this was the fact that we were trying to get a hold of my friend (a worried sick adult) at the hotel...And we kept trying and trying and trying and there was no answer.I went out and had a good time with them and by the time I got back to the hotel it was about 3 or 4 in the morning...we had tried to get a hold of them ALL NIGHT, but I STILL couldn't reach their room.THey drove me back to the hotel and waited with me...the guy at the desk REFUSED to let me in..because I was a MINOR...threatened to call the cops on me...and I COULDN'T get a hold of them..STILL (By this point you think there was SOMETHING wrong here) it turns out that the STUPID Hotel phone to the room was NOT working.....So if I wouldn't have found Laura and Jeremy AFTER the concert...I don't know WHAT I would have done.
It was just a FUN,WILD,and CRAZY night that I'll NEVER forget!

LOL
~alex~*

Last edited by BBALLGYPSY17; 04-18-2002 at 08:08 PM..