View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 01:58 PM

Stevie Nicks, New Orleans and gratitude

When you've had a bad attitude for the past week and then the preacher says Jesus gave thanks at his last meal before he was killed, you would think you'd straighten up and fly right.

Yeah, about that...

Lately I've had a bad case of "My diamond shoes are too tight" — a saying that I stole from Chandler Bing of "Friends." I have a ridiculous amount to be grateful for, and still manage to complain when something slightly uncomfortable happens.

For instance, I recently went to New Orleans to see Stevie Nicks in concert. I was, to put it politely, out of sorts throughout much of the trip.

My back hurt (some of the time); parking was not ideal; the hotel had super loud construction going on (when we got there), the streetcars were confusing (the first day)... These are the things I focused on.

But seriously. Stevie Nicks. In New Orleans. If I'm being honest, I had a blast. I got to hang out with my friend Michelle, we split a delicious muffaletta — my first ever — at Cafe Maspero, and the people-watching at a Stevie Nicks show is the best around. I've never seen so many women in top hats.

The concert itself was great, of course. Stevie's band wasn't as good as Fleetwood Mac, but she more than commanded the stage. Especially for a 68-year-old.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/m...tude/99468586/