View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
A good part of Tusk's fabled vibe was its sprawlingness. (As every Machead knows, it was compared to the Beatles' White Album.) A single Tusk album would have been a contradiction in terms. Imagine a two-album Rumours. It's off-kilter.

The fact that some listeners love one chunk of songs and some listeners love another chunk of songs is probably all part of the design. You're meant to find your own groove on Tusk. To me, for example, Tusk is all about Christine McVie's erotic delicacy, but on some days it's all about Lindsey's urgent attempt to break out of a bland, formulaic mainstream band, with Stevie Nicks flitting in and out of the woodwork, like seeing stars when you stand up too fast.

I looked at the suggested track lists you guys posted for a single album. To me, they're not Tusk, they're just playlists. Who really wants "cohesion" with Tusk? You got that perfectly with Rumours already.
A well written post! Still, no harm in imagining what if, especially since it would have had a domino effect. I mean, if Tusk had been a bigger hit as a single cd, there's a chance they would have recorded a follow up sooner than later, and imagine if Mirage had featured some of the songs left off of Tusk- talk about a wealth of riches! I like Mirage, but could you imagine if, instead of Only Over You or Oh Diane, they had included Brown Eyes, I Know I Know I'm Not Wrong, and Storms? Or any combination, for that matter. Mirage is considered their safest album by pretty much everyone, including the band, but a few songs from Tusk would have added some much needed adventure to the album.

Plus, if Tusk had been a bigger hit, it's hard to say if or when Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine would have recorded their solo albums when they did. Maybe Tango would have come out sooner, which would have meant Stevie would have been more involved in the the album. Wouldn't it have been awesome if another album had been released between Mirage and Tango? All in good fun.

Last edited by bwboy; 03-12-2017 at 01:29 PM..