View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Well, yes and no. Obviously I don't much care for her now, but I liked her a lot in the beginning and continued to do so for quite some time. I bought all of her solo albums, as well as quite a cds worth of demos, and was even a shipper and briefly part of a fanfiction Yahoo group. I even considered dressing up as Stevie for Halloween one year. I'm not sure I would categorize that as marginal.
I didn't realize that -- and I didn't mean to sound like I was questioning your right to be called a fan. It's just been my impression that, even when we're discussing early-Stevie, you seem somewhat dismissive of her talents. Certainly I knew you liked her to some degree, but I figured it was more incidental than anything (ie: moreso through her work with Buckingham or Petty or Egan, than her own material).

Again, there's nothing wrong with it, either way. Stevie has one hell of an unusual voice, and always has. So it doesn't surprise me that some people don't care for it now or then or ever. My favorite era for Stevie's voice (1983-1987) is long-gone, but I also love what her voice has become. It continues to effect and move me in ways that no one else's voice ever has, and it brings me endless joy... so hopefully everyone has a singer (or musician) that does that for them.