View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

While I still completely disagree with them putting this out again in the first place, it actually makes sense from a business perspective.

Yes, we all want the Rumours cd/dvd but whenever that does get released it's only going to be a niche market of fans who actually buy it. It makes more business sense to release the best of right now when so many people have bought tickets for the tour. Bearing in mind the average age of a Fleetwood Mac audience (not us, I'm talking the casual fans who just want to hear the hits) then this is what they want to buy.

They wouldn't buy Rumours cd/dvd because chances are they already have it but since they've bought a ticket for the tour they'll but a hits collection. For most of them that's all they think they'll need anyway (philistines! haha!)

This was shown by the fact that the green Greatest Hits album experienced a huge slaes boost in the US upon announcement of the live dates. This is the UK equivalent with more advertising since it's a new release. It's along the lines of what Stevie was saying as regards the reasons for not doing a double album in Destiny Rules.