View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today I happened to watch Martin Celmins' interview with Jeremy Spencer (on the DVD from the Madison Blues release). One of the last questions in the interview (which I believe took place in '02) was about a possible reunion of the original Fleetwood Mac. Spencer seemed wary of a reunion, noting that there would be a lot of pressure to do more than just perform a reunion concert. He mentioned that once things got started, "hawks" would likely descend on them to get more out of the reunited band. He didn't rule out the possibility of a reunion, but he seemed uncomfortable with the idea.

Spencer also mentioned that he had actually spoken with Green about the reunion idea shortly before the interview, and that Green wanted to know more about who would be making money from the whole venture - I'm sure he was rightly uneasy about more people trying to make a buck off of his name.

I'm still very doubtful that a reunion will happen, and I'm not sure that it would be in Green's & Spencer's best interests to do it. Thinking more about the idea today, I don't know that Green & Spencer would really have anything to gain by it.