Thread: Circa 198?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Of course, we're all entitled to our opinions on anything and everything, even in the face of evidence from people who actually know what they're talking about - hence the wild preponderance of conspiracy theories and 'altermative truths' these days.

In this case, I'm going to listen to the man who actually took the photograph.
I would not expect him to say anything different. This was his job. Any rock photographer who was photographing the band together for the first time in many years and releasing it to Rolling Stone of course would use heavy editing and air brushing to make it perfect. I only added the opinion part so we can move on. I had no position on this or cared about this until someone mentioned it. Then I thought it was an even more interesting photo because of it. All photos yield clues of photoshop or airbrushing. I will give the photographer credit. It is a fantastic photo. This conversation about it makes that point. We probably agree more than we disagree. The band hired a famous professional photographer to show the world through Rolling Stone they were back in the studio. I dont think Lindsey gets that primped to work in a studio. Its very orchestrated to give the appearance of a spontaneous studio shot. That's the creative process with photography. But when you dig a little deeper its more of a posed, highly edited photo just like any other the band put out. Peace.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-20-2023 at 02:06 PM..