View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
No - but lying about it under oath is.

And I don't see any way around that.

I couldn't care less that the man is a womanizer; as alot of moderate conservatives will probably tell you, it is the fact that he lied about it.

I think everyone should be held to the same standard - liberal or conservative. No one is perfect and everyone has skeletons in their past. That is truly all I am trying to say here.
My problem with his whole deposition was that it happened at all. It was not right, in my eyes, for anyone but his family to question him about his affairs and sexual acts. The whole Ken Starr bull**** was a witch hunt, perpetuated by the Republicans. Hillary was right when she said it was a right-wing conspiracy; they didn't conspire to make him cheat and lie about it, but they conspired to taint him by making his conquests public.

Almost all of us would have lied when asked those questions. IMO, by answering them at all, it was like saying it was alright for them to be asked in the first place. And it wasn't right.

As for questionign whether you should be offended or laugh at what I said, do whichever pleases you. When you stack Clinton's performance record next to Shrub's, there is no comparison; Clinton did more for this country than Shrub could EVER do. Yeah, some of his policies were ill-conceived, no one has a perfect batting average, but he made this coutnry great again, IMO. Then the conservatives and Shrub rode in on their black horse and threw everything down the toilet. Shrub is an embarassment, a stain on this country who perpetuates nothing but hate and greed. And those will be my dying words.