Thread: Timespace era
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
The Timespace era was full of dull and listless performances. I don’t know what shows you all went to but at Jones Beach she might as well have been sleeping up there. She was fat, her costumes were hideous, her hair was a fright, and vocally she was miserable.
I saw the gig at Concord Pavilion (where, two years earlier, she had canceled on the night of the earthquake) and had tickets for Mountain View. Concord was so disappointing that, on the drive to Mountain View a few nights later, I literally turned the car around and headed to a steakhouse for dinner. My companions, who had seen the Concord show with me, were all keener to go out for steak than see Nicks again. We were appalled by the shlocky band, the vulgarity, and the bad singing. I put my unused ticket in my scrapbook, but I think we offered our tickets to strangers at the restaurant. They said no thanks.

The only thing I got even a little excited about at Concord was that she pulled “If Anyone Falls” out of mothballs.

A few years later, on all those radio spots, Stevie was cute and funny again — and she hired musicians to reckon with: Russ Kunkel, Rick Vito, Sara Fleetwood, Dan Garfield. Everything was back on track.

moviekinks.blogspot.com